What Are We?
Breast Intentions (formerly Breast Friends Forever) is a charitable fundraising organization conceived and conceptualized by two young people, Erika Rech and Mike Ruane. Their lives were touched by breast cancer and they hope to make a difference in the lives of patients and their families who have been affected by breast cancer as well.
What Do We Do?
Our goal is raise money and distribute it to families fighting breast cancer. We are here to provide monetary support for things ranging from wigs and prosthetics to medications and transportation. Having lived through cancer, we are also able to provide advice and support for things like insurance issues, treatment experiences and support groups. We're here to listen.
How Can I Help?
Become a supporter and make a difference. Make a donation and help us help others. Click the "Make a Donation" link on the menu to do so. How Can I Contact You? You can also reach out to Erika and Mike through their e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Because of You We Have Been Able to Make a Difference:
Some of the people we have been able to help in the last few months-
· A young woman with two daughters had to stop work and go on disability while going through chemo and her double mastectomy. Bff paid JCP&L, NJNG, and car payments.
· A newlywed, diagnosed with breast cancer, had to undergo chemo, surgery and radiation. Bff was able to pay a mortgage payment and a car payment to help her get current with her bills.
· A woman with 2 daughters in college. Her husband is self-employed and is self-insured their insurance fell short of the amount needed for necessary treatments. Bff was able to make a few payments for them.
· A woman with Stage 4 breast cancer had a recurrent breast infection after her surgery. She was out of work and was waiting for disability to kick in. We were able to pay her water, gas and electric.
· A young, 28 year old woman couldn’t afford a wig and her insurance wouldn’t cover it. Bff was able to purchase one for her.
· A woman who had multiple surgeries was unable to pay her bill to her doctor. Bff negotiated on her behalf to lower her payments and then paid the first 5 payments.
· Bff was able to have a woman’s car repaired and purchased new tires too. This allowed her to get to and from treatments.
· A woman who had breast surgery could not afford the train tickets to get to radiation treatments. Bff was able to purchase enough train tickets to get her to treatment for the whole course of radiation.
· A woman’s COBRA was about to lapse. Bff was able to make that payment to avoid the lapse.
· A woman with Stage 4 cancer couldn’t afford her chemo pills. Bff was able to purchase them for her.
· A young woman no history of breast cancer was diagnosed at stage 3 after she had lost her job and insurance. BFF was able to pay her cell phone and her storage bill.
We recognize that all of this could not be possible with out the help of people like you. Thank you for standing with us.
Mike and Erika